Friday, April 15, 2011

a love story.

Last night was the wedding rehearsal of my dear friends, Jake and Sarah. We rehearsed, we ate amazing food, we laughed, we found out we have get to be at the church at 5:00am tomorrow morning. But, my favorite part of the night was watching the picture slideshow that is being shown following the ceremony tomorrow.

We watched pictures scroll across the screen from the time Jake and Sarah were born until just last week. And I am so blessed to have been able to see my face show up in pictures with Jake from the time I was 4 years old and with Sarah from the time we were in elementary/middle school. Now, let's not get confused here. I wasn't blessed to see my face on the screen in some sort of egotistical way (though, I was a pretty cute kid). No, I'm blessed to be able to recognize the fact that I have had friends so wonderful as Jake and Sarah for the majority of my life.

I think of the verse in John when Jesus tells us that true love is when a man lays down his life for his friends. What a gift to have true friends in my life for all these years that have walked with me through smiles and tears and what a JOY to know that Jake and Sarah are about to enter into a sacred covenant of love and sacrifice when they get married tomorrow morning.

The future Mr. & Mrs. Lang playing "The Shoe Game" at their Rehearsal Dinner!
Jake and Sarah, I am so grateful for both of you and I love you both so much. I'm praying that today is relaxing and fun-filled and that you both get a good night's rest tonight. While my 4:00am wake up time for tomorrow morning doesn't sound all that appealing...I can't wait to watch your faces as you walk down the aisle, speak your vows, and kiss for the first time as husband and wife. 

In fact, I'm so excited that I wish I could figure out a way for Tyler and I to do the 360 degree spin in the air-back flip-heel clicks off the steps tomorrow during the recessional like we talked about during rehearsal. My heart could do it. It's the dress and heels I'm worried about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment